Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Quilt for Dad

My dad turned 80 this year so I decided he needed a wall hanging to celebrate. I love hands so I asked family members to trace their left hand (it's the one closest to your heart). Unfortunately, most of my family and family friends did not get me their tracings until after his party. Now the plan is to have the wall hanging done by Christmas. I got a lot more hands than I expected which is not a bad thing since I really have only a vague idea as to what I am going to ultimately do. Anyway, I thought I would start with a tree. You know, the whole family tree thing so here's my tree. Right now, it is 27" w by 32" h. Happy so far. Now I just have to decide what to do next and how to deal with all the hands so this thing doesn't end up being enormous. Good thing I love creating challenges for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.