Monday, January 21, 2013

International Postcard Exchange

I have been ill with a terrible cold since Wednesday. I hate being tired. I hate being sick. Yesterday the thought of staying in bed was making me crazy so I decided to play. I really thought that what I would make would probably end up in the trash. I signed up for Shannon Ganshorn's International Mixed Media Postcard exchange (Thanks Marie Z. Johansen).

Before Christmas I had treated myself to some of Tattered Angels' Naturally Aged Paint System in Turquoise.  The purchase was made thinking I would use it for the verdigris exchange with Arts in the Cards but I ended up doing Mother Nino and using a photograph instead. Anyway, I created the background using the "paint system" (FYI- the paint does not easily come off your hands and I think is going to take some practice to have the results look like the photo on the package). I do like the layered look I got for the backgrounds and I'm pleased that they are all a little different. My original idea was to use a photo of a window and some ruberstamps. Digging around looking for a star rubberstamp, I came across a tree stencil. I decided to go with the flow and my winter scene was born. I created the tree using a makeup sponge and a StazOn stamp pad in Forest Green which also did not easily come off my fingers. Seeing a theme here? There is also a hint of texture created with Dew Drop Brilliance ink in pearlescent olive and sequin waste ribbon. I used a punch to create the snow flake and the words are stickers. I'm happy! They will go out in the mail tomorrow. Hopefully the recipients will be happy too. 


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! It was fun and made me feel better about winter. Hugs, Karen

      Delete
  2. Oh what fun! Great colors. And I love the words as well. Brava! Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was feeling better too. The postcards were fun to make! Have you ever participated? Hugs, Karen

      Delete
  3. Hi Karen,
    I was happy to receive one of your postcards! I love it and have it on my bulletin board.
    Hope you are feeling better!
    Ethel in Yardley PA

    ReplyDelete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.