Friday, March 1, 2013

Creativity Lesson 7: Torn Landscape


Maybe at the root we are coils of possibility in constant rotation.  -Thomas Moore

When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take the step into the darknessof the unknown, we must believe that one of two things will happen. There will be something solid for us to stand on or we will be taught to fly.  -Patrick Overton

 
Assignment #7 – Torn Landscape

In this assignment, “landscape” is used in the loosest terms. Remember the idea is to explore, play and be open. We will tear fabric instead of using a rotary cutter. I also recommend that you do this as quilt-as-you-go (all three layers sewn at once.) Cut your background and batting at least two inches bigger than you want your finished size (nothing smaller than 18” by 24” is recommended). You may also have a top fabric if you like.

Inning:  Instead of an outing, time to go inward. Identify one belief that you had when you began this journey and no longer have. I would love to know what it is if you are willing to share.
Suggested Reading: Original Self: Living with Paradox and Originality by Thomas Moore

My youngest son is beginning a new career in woodworking. One of the things that he is creating is signs that are different words- eat, laugh, create, dream, etc.. He gave me "create" for Christmas and I have not had the time to paint it. He is painting the ones that he is selling solid colors which he knew would not work for me. Anyway, I finally took some time to paint mine. He's happy with it and I love that this now hangs in my studio and it seemed perfect to share today. Happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.