Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day

My father loved being Irish. I don't have the heart to tell him that the Musgraves came from England via Germany. I have been able to trace them back to the 1600s. When they came to the U.S., they were Quakers and farming seems to be their profession of choice. They took the southern migration ending up in Southern Illinois. My great-great-grandfather served in the Civil War for the North. My grandfather moved north probably for a better life. He died when my dad was 4 years old. My dad taught me to believe in leprechauns and magic. Hopefully someday soon I'll be able to prove the Irish heritage he so strongly believes is true. None of that really matters because as the saying goes, "Everyone is Irish on St. Patty's day." So today I'll celebrate my dad and good St. Patrick's Day memories. Wishing you good health, good luck and happiness today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.