Monday, April 29, 2013

Courage, Fear, Growth, Friendship

Courage is resistance to feat, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.  -Mark Twain

During a conversation with my friend, Marie, I was suddenly struck with the thought "I want to be a better person. I want to be the person others see when they look at me." I remember years ago hearing someone say, "Friendships that work are relationships in which women help each other to belong to themselves." Fortunately for me, I am blessed with friends that are doing exactly that.

Being in the different groups which I belong is definitely helping me as an artist. ClaySpace is a huge factor in this too. I am learning something new, pushing myself to create outside my comfort zone. The funny thing about a comfort zone is the more you stretch it, the more it grows. My interview to become a resident artist went better than I could have imagined and now I am on the waiting list. My sketch book is growing with ideas on how to combine fiber/quilts and clay. Leaves are being to pop out on the trees and even in my fuzzy allergy state, my heart sings! I feel I am truly living a creative life. How about you?

2 comments:

  1. What you describe is what I call finding one's tribe. It is magic and miracle. Writing poetry was my calling the first and now it is mixed media art quilts...I too am always watching for opportunities to converge them both. Peace.

    ReplyDelete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.