Monday, June 17, 2013

Life's Unexpected Gifts

Louise Kirby's journal from our small group Sisterhood of the Traveling Art Journals arrived today in the mail. I must say that Helen Lindton's maple leaf is even more impressive in person. I immediately got inspired by the feathers I found in my yard earlier today. I felt so good to just flow. I included three quotes that I love. I will let it rest until tomorrow when it will be revisited to see if I am happy enough to send it home. I think the book needs a bookmark so I am off to create one.

I also think it is pretty incredible how small the world can be. I participated in Shannon Ganshorn's International Mixed Media Postcard Swap where you make 10 postcards and receive 10 postcards. Well, you can imagine my surprise when I got a small envelope made from an old calendar not only filled with a wonderful postcard but Australian postage stamps and paper. Next I got an even bigger surprise. The package was from Pam Parker who just happens to be Louise Kirby's mom! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.