Wednesday, June 12, 2013

"Look Deeper"- Feather Quilt Done!

Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better. - Albert Einstein

Actually this quilt has been done for quite a while, I just needed to photograph it. This all began when my friend, Carol Esch, sent me blocks she had discharged using a Thermofax screen- one on blue fabric and the other on black. We share the love of feathers as well as other things. I hope she is pleased. I am anxious to begin working on the black fabric feather and see where it leads me.

This summer I have felt the loss of two pieces of nature. For the first time in 15 years, a chickadee has not made a nest in the bird house on my front porch. The house remains empty. For the last two years, I have had an unique relationship with a female crow. She has introduced me twice to her new off spring. She has given me gifts and used my bird bath to soften her meals. I have seen no sign of her. Actually, I have not seen any crows in my area since winter.  I am surprised at how much of a loss this has been to me. Life.


2 comments:

  1. A Crow befriended you...you are living right :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilt! And I feel your sense of loss. Our regular visitors become so much a part of our lives.

    ReplyDelete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.