Thursday, June 6, 2013

So Many Directions- Which to Choose?

I am loving the side trades with heARTist Trading Cards. This month we are trading tags. I have never done a tag trade. You would think by the number of tags I have that I make and trade them all the time. In my stash, I found four tags that were quite large 2.5" w x 5.25" h. I had tea dyed two of them already and have no idea why. For the other two I used Walnut stain and to all I added ink from a straw colored Vivid! ink pad.

The last time I was at Stamp Thyme (a local stamp store in Lockport, Illinois), I picked up a Dreamweaver stencil by Lynell Harlow called Raven Vane. (By the way, Stamp Thyme will gladly ship anywhere and they are great people too. Not connected just a happy customer.) I am a sucker for anything with a crow/raven. I'm not sure I would have thought to use it if it had not been sitting out on the table I use to do paper. After spending some time being frustrated with a lack of progress, I saw the stencil and everything came together. Now I am worried that they are too simple. They will all get fiber. Trying hard not to over think and go with the less is more school of thought. How often do you over think things? Do you think they need more?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.