Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Gathering Grief

I took a chance with the clay part of "Gathering Grief" and it worked! I used a mason stain because I did not want the piece to be shiny or have a solid color. I am not sure I could have made another piece if it had not turned out. I had not seen anyone use mason stains at ClaySpace so I had no idea what it would look like once it came out of the kiln. I just trusted the universe.

There has been a lot of loss this summer so I thought creating this piece would be easy. It has not. The quilt part is still giving me fits. Since I want to enter this in a gallery show, the fast approaching deadline should help me get focused and push through too may ideas! How do you deal with too many ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.