Thursday, September 26, 2013

Dini Parsons- Awesome "Handler"

My time in West Jefferson, North Carolina, was made a joy by my "handler" (her term) Dini Parsons. Thank you Dini! Here we are standing in front of the winner for the best of theme for "Quilts in the Attic." It was made by the Ashe County Piecemakers Quilt Guild's president, Brenda Cole.

One thing that I loved about the quilt show was that you did not need to be a member to enter a quilt. This reflects my experience with members of the guild who I met. They were warm, friendly and welcoming. It was refreshing. I also loved that the first place in the wall hanging category was won by a man, Ron Hoffesteder, who has only recently taken up quiltmaking and his wife was so pleased that he outshines her. Do go to the guild's website and check out his wonderful quilt.

I feel truly blessed that I was able to travel to West Jefferson.

2 comments:

  1. I attended a quilt show with my parents 2 years ago. It was held by a church celebrating a major anniversary. One lady showed a collection of quilts of women with parasols that she had made over the decades for the many young ladies in her family. Also were ones made by her sisters and sister in law. I was fun to view how the fabrics and the details she included changed over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when these kinds of connections happen. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.