Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Gathering Grief Quilt Done!

Forgive the quickly pinned and crooked quilt in the photograph. I am just so excited that it's done and wanted to share! I have spent every free second working on this quilt. Five days and probably 8 hours a day.  I used more than two skeins of pearl cotton and a bag of beads that I purchased in 1999. How do I know when I purchased the beads? Rings and Things puts the date on the label. What are they thinking? However,  I don't feel guilty or bad because they were perfect and I had them when I needed them. No shopping necessary! Love my stash of things.

People are always surprised when I tell them that I find handwork very relaxing. It's been good to have something relaxing to do because I am entering a high stress period (the month of September). It's exciting but it is stressful! Lots of travel and new opportunities.

Now it's time to sew the quilts on the busts and get them out into the world. It feels so good to be done so join me in a happy dance around the block! Haven't given the neighbors anything to talk about for a while.


2 comments:

  1. This is one of those quilts that I have to look at a few times and then ponder. There is so much happening in the background fabric and then there's that splash of read. Very nice. By the way, what size is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quilt is 34.5" w and 39.5" h. Curious to hear how you like the finished piece. Thanks!

      Delete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.