Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Too Many Ideas

There are too many ideas and things and people. Too many directions to go. I was starting to believe the reason it matters to care passionately about something is that it whittles the world down to a manageable size. - Charlie Kaufman, Adaptation: The Shooting Script

I was flipping through an old journal and came across Charlie Kaufman's quote and my thought on having too many ideas. This seemed perfect for this collage so I wrote the quote on the side and moved the shell buttons to the top. It's mounted on canvas. I am happy! Another collage done and ready for a new home. Of course, it is titled "Too Many Ideas," some that definitely influenced its creation.

Several people wrote me to ask about my torso (you touched my heart). If you look closely at the photo you can see it. I cannot tell you how relieved I was when the kiln was opened and my torso was there intact.  I so admire potters, they have so little control because of all the variables- firings, glazes, interaction with other pieces, etc. This was true for me too. I purchased a matte black glaze which ended up being shiny and slightly green. I am now working on expoxing the pieces together- crow and wings. I promise to share the piece when she is complete. I also strongly encourage you to explore an art form that is unfamiliar to you. You learn more than you can imagine and I promise you, it will open your world and your art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.