Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The world is but a canvas to the imagination. 
                            -Henry David Thoreau

Life is still in crazy mode for me. Too much to do and not enough time to get it done. I had the best time in Rockford. It is where I discovered these upside down trees decorated with the changing seasons and time. I was told that when the road was under construction, the trees wore hard hats. How cool is that! I truly want to thank the Sinnissippi Quilters for their kind embrace.  


First Friday at ClaySpace was also a lot of fun. I invited a group from a nearby retirement community and they came. They were so much fun- lots of great questions and great stories. I hope they come again.

On Saturday, I traveled to Batavia for the first Chicago Suburban Arts Conference. I was able to network with organizations and businesses from three counties. I hope some meaningful relationships were made. I am so thankful to Water Street Studios in Geneva/Batavia for organizing the conference. Janet Carl Smith's keynote speech on collaboration and advocacy was full of food for thought. She has agreed to send it to us electronically which will help greatly in my processing of all the information that she imparted.   El Puebla Modern Mexican had incredible guacamole. I look forward to participating in next year's conference. How have you collaborated? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.