Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Leonardo, Observations and Bird Challenge

Every part is disposed to unite with the whole, that it may thereby escape from its own incompleteness.
                                       Leonardo da Vinci

I have been rediscovering Leonardo da Vinci thanks to my sculpture class and watching the television series Da Vinci's Demons (made me crazy in the beginning but then I embraced it as fantasy and it became enjoyable). One of da Vinci's principles of life is connessione- a recognition of and appreciation for the interconnectedness of all thing and phenomena. Today was a wonderful day for embracing interconnectedness as I sat on my patio eating lunch. First I was entertained by a young cooper hawk taking a bath in one of my pots of water. He was quite reluctant in the beginning but eventually embraced the experience fully with water flying everywhere. Shortly after he flew off (caused by my laughter) I was greeted by two swallow tail butterflies and a hummingbird (too quick for my camera). "The earth is moved from its position by the weight of a tiny bird resting upon it." was what I was reading when this all took place. So I am thankful that I took the time away from work and my computer to go outside and take a break because if I had not I would have missed so much. What have you experienced when you have slowed down and taken some time to just looked around you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.