Tuesday, July 15, 2014

"Tradition Show with a Contemporary Interest"

On Sunday, July 20th, at 2:00 p.m., I will be giving a program on my book, "Quilts in the Attic: Uncovering the Hidden Stories of the Quilts We Love," called "Quilts in the Attic: The Journey" at the quilt and textile Show in Batavia, Illinois. This is all part of the "Traditional Show with a Contemporary Interest" presented by the Batavia Depot Museum which runs from Friday, July 18 through Sunday, June 20th. Admission is only $6 with children 10 and under free and seniors (60+) get in for $5.00. What a bargain! I am looking forward to sharing.

You might not be aware but the Quartro Publishing which includes my publisher Voyageur Press, "rebranded." New people were brought in including Jeff Serena who is now Voyageur Press's publisher. Jeff came from Lark Books so when he told me that the first thing he did was stop publication of all quilt and craft books, I was sad. He did great things for Lark books so hopefully he will do the same for Voyageur and bring back quilt books. My book has continued to sell but whether or not there will be a second one (I have a two book deal) is still to be seen. the decision will be made at the end of the year. I hate missed opportunities. There were so many with my book. However, I am always heartened when people find me and want me to share the journey of my book. Hope to see you Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.