Thursday, December 28, 2017

Triangular Notebooks

We can’t script every detail of our lives. But we can solve the riddle of fulfillment when we plan ahead while simultaneously embracing the surprises of each moment. 
― Gina GreenleePostcards and Pearls: Life Lessons from Solo Moments on the Road

Christmas evening had me anxious to create something and too tired to do something that took a lot of thought. Now don't laugh, okay you can laugh, I was thinking about Valentine's Day and what I could make as gifts when I remembered a triangle book I had seen on Pinterest. However, Pinterest didn't have a how-to so I did a Google search and turned up a nice post by Making Lovely. The instructions were clear and easy, except I could not get my stapler to work and my notebook would not close. Instead of continuing to be frustrated, I sewed the pages into the books and I added a button and fiber closure. I am so happy! I think this will make nice gifts and I used supplies I had on hand (one of my goals for 2018). It also helped me feel creative again. I went to bed feeling really good. Are you planning ahead? What goals are you making?

1 comment:

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.