Tuesday, December 26, 2017

When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Plans!

One of the happiest moments in life is when you find the courage to let go of what you can't change. - Unknown

A few months ago I developed a lump about the size of a pea on my right side. When I went for my mammogram, I was told it was a cyst and not to worry about it. I had it checked out during my physical on November 30. My doctor said that he could easily remove it, but recommended that I wait. At the time, I thought, "why not remove it," but trusted my doctor. Well just 12 days later, I started to have problems. Went back to the doctor, got antibiotics and told to apply moist heat. To make a long story short, the antibiotics did not work so the infection got much worse. New antibiotics and lancing had to be done. Needless to say, I could not use my right arm much. I could not sleep well. This has been a long two weeks. I could not do much so I decided to plan out 2018.  I put together lots of lists. Things I want to explore. Things I need to do to prepare for my artist residency. It has kept me hopeful and surprisingly happy. I am so thankful that I was ahead of the game this year or it might have been a different story. I do hope that your holiday was wonderful and that you too are looking forward to 2018. I cannot wait to share it with you. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card and beautiful solution! Thanks for sharing such a positive thing.

    ReplyDelete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.